Frequently Asked Questions About Bamboo Flooring
Can't find the answer you're looking for? We have shared some of our most frequently asked questions about Bamboo Flooring to hep you out!
Bamboo flooring is quickly becoming one of the most admired types of residential flooring. And it’s not just beneficial because other people like it! There are lots of reasons why it’s become cool, like the Fonz of flooring.
Think hardwood is a snoozefest? Here are a few reasons why you should choose bamboo flooring:
- Bamboo floors are easy to install and care for.
- Bamboo floors are ideal for allergy sufferers as they do not promote dust or harbor dust mites.
- Bamboo flooring is an inexpensive alternative to hardwood flooring.
- Bamboo flooring is beautiful and durable.
- Bamboo flooring can be installed in almost any home over numerous types of sub-floors.
- Bamboo floors are environmentally friendly. Bamboo hardwood floors are recognized by the US Green Building Council as a sustainable product and a low-emitting product.
- Made with safe resins and extremely low formaldehyde emissions, bamboo flooring is an excellent floor for healthy homes.
- Place doormats or rugs at entrances to collect moisture, sand, grit, and other potentially damaging substances from being tracked onto your bamboo floor.
- Sweep, mop or use a soft vacuum accessory to keep your bamboo floor free of dust, dirt or grit. If small scratches occur use a damp rag with mild soap to gently rub the scratch out.
- For sticky spots, use a soft damp cloth to gently scrub the floor. If necessary, use a generic hardwood floor cleaner, but make sure that it does not contain mineral spirits as this will remove part of the aluminum alloy finish. do not use steel wool or other abrasive scouring pads.
- Do not use harsh detergents, abrasive cleaners, or corrosive chemicals to clean your bamboo floor.
- Avoid excessive water. Use mats in the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room to protect against spills. If a spill occurs, blot it up immediately with a dry cloth or slightly damp mop.
- Use only colorfast and non-scratch carpeting or pads on your bamboo floor.
- Protect the floor from furniture legs and do not walk on the floor with high-heeled shoes.
- Although some bamboo flooring has effective UV inhibitors in its pre-finish, it is recommended that it not be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods.